Why our clients use us
We get great results. Other agencies show off flashy awards (that they paid for themselves), but we provide increases in profits. To see some of our client testimonials, click here.
- We guarantee our work. We give all our clients a 30-day money-back guarantee (minus our out of pocket expenses).
- We work with clients worldwide, including the USA, Australia, Brazil, India, Mexico, and Costa Rica. Our unusually broad perspective means we know what works in your region and what’s working elsewhere in the world.
- We have worked with businesses just like yours. We have the advantage of having competed hands-on in a myriad of industries, working with the most sophisticated online brands. This means whatever you sell, chances are we already have experience with something very similar. (If you’re curious about this, just ask us.)
- We’re not tied to any particular technology. We do not profit from selling or recommending software. We are vendor neutral and use the tools that are best suited for your business. (Although, we must say from experience, some are more effective than others.)
- We’re experts. We are considered a leading authority in design and are regular consultants of businesses worldwide. We have also been hired to do web projects by BeyondROI, one of the country’s best-selling digital marketing firms.
The Surf The Web Designs team is in North America. We also have consultants who have a basic knowledge of Spanish. Our experience in web design is second to none.
We’re different in that we have managed in-house web marketing teams. This means we understand the practical (and sometimes political) issues with developing a web design strategy. We don’t come to you with theories but with solid proven experience of managing and growing web businesses.
Surf The Web Designs was founded in 2009 by Alan Boyd (a marketing expert), and it now has a small team of experts located across the world. We discovered the huge benefits of web design while working as in-house marketers for an international marketing company. Within a period of 12 months, we doubled its sales.
In creating Surf The Web Designs, we have built the company that we—as in-house designers & internet marketers—wished had existed.
Our guiding principle is “Quality is everything”
Our company motto is “Quality is everything.” (We define “quality” work as being an activity that measurably grows a client’s business.)
This isn’t just a saying. Many newcomers to our business are surprised at how obsessive we are about quality. Quality takes priority over absolutely everything else:
- We focus more on client quality than we do on our own profit (because we’re confident that quality is a strong indicator of the long-term health of our business).
- We optimize our consultants’ activities so they spend 100% of their time growing businesses. They work remotely, and minimize travel, because we believe that an hour spent on the road is never as fruitful as an hour spent doing work.
- We don’t try to win awards. No judge is as qualified as a website’s visitors at evaluating the merits of a page. A winning split-test is the ultimate award. In fact, in a world where everything can be measured, it baffles us that some companies get bamboozled by awards, yet don’t demand evidence of winning split-tests.
- We don’t entertain clients. Our consultants’ expertise is our most valuable resource, and our type of client would rather spend their time getting results than playing golf or being taken to dinner.
- We don’t do outbound sales and we won’t pitch for work. Our success has come from word of mouth, and our clients are our best salespeople. In fact, many of them kindly offer to speak to our prospects.
- We’ve been told by several people that this somewhat purist approach is not a good way to grow a design agency. But it makes us what we are. It’s intellectually stimulating for us, and it has proven to be hugely profitable for our clients.
Our other values
- Give our clients the same advice we would give our best friends.
- Approach and treat every business and website we work on as though it were our own.
- Provide systems for design that are easy to implement, measurable, and effective. No smoke-and-mirrors or “filler.”
- Tell clients the truth, even if that’s not what they want to hear.
- Help all clients dominate their market or niche and work only with clients who have the same ambition.
Once you’re our client, you can expect to
- Work with someone who seeks to understand your situation and then gives the best advice.
- Receive a surprisingly high level of customer service.
- Get an excellent return on investment.
- Have confidentiality maintained at all times.
- Have any concerns addressed promptly.
We’ll regularly contact you to ensure we’re meeting these expectations.
And we expect you to
- Be a do-er, not just a thinker.
- Be serious about wanting to grow your business.
- Be prepared to make changes to your online business model.
- Ask questions no matter how unintelligent you think they may be.
- Give us honest feedback, both good and bad. (Particularly the bad.)